[Chosen Rivals] events (“CR”) are governed by these Official Rules (“Rules”). Every player participating must read, understand, and agree to the Rules before participating in the tournament. Any failure to follow them will result in punitive measures. Rules are subject to change at any time. It is the responsibility of all the users participating in these events to know and understand the rules before signing up to compete. By sending your registration, you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree to abide by the rules posted here.
At of the start date of any [Chosen Rivals] Event in which they qualify to compete, players in the CR must:
- Have a valid [Chosen Rivals] Account.
- Own or have access to the game title (NBA2K21) and console (Either Xbox or PlayStation).
- Have a valid and active Console account (Xbox Live or PlayStation Plus).
- Have a valid TWITCH account. (preferred, not required)
- Players must have an acceptable, non-offensive gamertag.
- STRUCTURE AND SCHEDULE
3.1 To participate, a player must meet the eligibility requirements as described in Section 2 above and register online to play in an affiliated Tournament(s) or Event(s). Registration must occur AT LEAST 24 Hours prior to the start of the Tournament
3.2 Players may be randomly seeded or seeded using their [Chosen Rivals] profile metrics. To progress through a single-elimination tournament, a player must win their first match, and each subsequent match to progress in the Tournament. In single-elimination Tournaments, only one player will advance per match.
- GAMEPLAY FORMAT AND SETTINGS:
- GAME MODE: PRIVATE MATCH
- GAME Difficulty: Hall of Fame
- QUARTER LENGTH: 3 Minutes
- TEAMS: Only Current Teams are allowed.
- No All-Star Teams, All-Time Teams, or History Teams allowed.
Both players are responsible for reporting the match within 15 minutes of its completion. If players do not report matching results, the match will result in a dispute. Both players are then required to submit a ticket via firstname.lastname@example.org regarding the dispute and include any valid proof they have. If you had a problem with the match, please specify the problem and include it along with the outcome of your match.
Falsifying match scores may result in a penalty. Do not dispute a match you lost legitimately. Disputing on purpose is defined as knowingly reporting that you won a match despite the outcome of the match resulting in a loss for your team.
Matches that go unreported by one player will be reported automatically for the player that did report. Matches that go unreported by both players will be deleted automatically.
- TOURNAMENT FORMAT, ELIGIBILITY, and BRACKETING:
- Tournament Format: Single Elimination
- Tournament Eligibility: is available for all [Chosen Rivals] members that have registered for a [Chosen Rivals] account at [https://rivalgames.com/riviera].
- Tournament Bracketing: (1) one person bracket per console.
- Tournament Registration Cap: 128 players per console.
- Bracketing, Rounds, and Schedule are subject to change at Chosen Rivals’ discretion.
Having a stable connection is your responsibility. In the event of a disconnect, the game will be restarted at the moment of disconnect. Each team will retain their score at the time of disconnect and the remaining game time will be played until completion.
- NO SHOWS AND FORFEITS:
- Each player has up to a maximum 15 minutes from the time a match notification is sent to begin play. If in [Chosen Rivals’] determination, a player was not ready to begin in time, it will be considered non- appealable forfeit.
- If you have a No-Show issue, navigate to the chat and update the Rival Games staff or person in-place that: “my opponent did not show up”. As the match was not played, do not report any scores.
- To receive a no-show win, you must submit the information within 45 minutes of the scheduled match time. If you have any proof, be sure to submit it with your information.
- CONCEDING MATCHES:
Players should fully complete each match if at all possible. Should a player decide to concede a match, the player will need to provide a reason via the DROP DOWN BOX as well as in the CHAT PORTION of the game. Full points will not be awarded to the player that concedes.
- TOURNAMENT COMMUNICATIONS
During the competition, Players should remain active in the chatroom provided for each match. Any relevant tournament information should be shared amongst the competing Players in this chatroom. If you need to contact an admin for any reason, please do so.
- SPORTSMANSHIP AND PROFESSIONALISM.
All Participants are required to act in a respectful and sportsmanlike manner at all times. Tournament Administration maintains the sole right in judgement for violations of these rules and standards of integrity for good sportsmanship. Participants may not use language or engage in conduct that is deemed by Tournament Administration to be obscene, foul, vulgar, insulting, threatening, abusive, libelous, slanderous, or otherwise offensive or objectionable. Likewise, Players may not promote or incite hatred or discriminatory conduct. Participants may not offend the dignity or integrity of a country, private person or group of people through contemptuous or discriminatory words or actions on account of race, skin color, ethnic, national or social origin, gender, language, religion, political opinion, financial status, birth, sexual orientation, or any other reason. Cheating will not be tolerated. It is each Participant’s responsibility to know and understand the rules as they exist during the Tournament period. Any form of cheating will not be tolerated. If a Tournament Administrator determines that a Player, Roster Captain, Roster Manager or any of their agents or other representatives is cheating or otherwise interfering with the Tournament, that individual will face ejection and or other appropriate penalties determined by Tournament Administration.
Abuse of our volunteer Staff will not be tolerated in any form. This includes written messages or verbal comments inside and outside of match lobbies. The penalties for these offenses are listed at the bottom of this page.
As to ensure fair competition, Rival Games reserves the right to amend all match-related rules listed herein on a case-by-case basis. Teams who manipulate these rules maliciously and/or at the expense of other members will be penalized for Unsportsmanlike Conduct.
- ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT:
- PRIZING AND FULFILLMENT
In order to be eligible for prizing, Participants must abide by all rules governing the event. The grand prize for this event will be awarded to the winner of the event, only. The grand prize is [one (1) PlayStation 5 console or one (1) Xbox Series S/X console or equivalent cash value]. The approximate cash value of this prize is [$500.00].