POSITION TITLE: Business Manager-Controller
POSITION REPORTS TO: President/CEO
POSITION PURPOSE: Overseeing and supervising company activities, and employees to align with company goals. Responsible for
financial reporting ensuring the efficiency of the business operations as well as setting strategic goals for sustained success.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. GUIDES BUSINESS DECISIONS by administering, establishing, recommending, monitoring, and enforcing policies and
procedures; developing and implementing policies and procedures that enhance productivity and efficiency of all
2. MANAGE CASH FLOW, AND LIMITS RISK, ON CASH by assisting in the daily care, custody, and management of
corporate funds, control of cash collections and of payrolls and other cash disbursements within established policy.
3. BUSINESS MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Payroll, HR, AP, AR, credit management, month end, reporting,
benefits, insurance, contracts, budgets, legal, audits.
4. BUSINESS AND CULTURE AWARENESS. Must be in touch with the pulse of the company. Work to create a culture where
employees are valued and can provide maximum value to the company. Develop workplace retention programs that meet
the need of employees for meaningful work, growth, challenge, communication and effective leadership.
5. COMMUNICATE CLEARLY AND FREQUENTLY by informing the CEO and appropriate leaders of activities, progress,
situations within the Company; recommending policy changes that would enhance the success of the Company; work with
department managers to provide strategic leadership, consultation, critical evaluation and recommendations.
6. PROTECTS FCC LICENSE by maintaining the public file in compliance with the FCC Public and Broadcasting required
standards. Manage with HR Director the required FCC EEO compliance and reporting that safeguard the station’s FCC license.
7. PROTECTS OPERATIONS by keeping business and personnel information and plans confidential.
8. CONTRIBUTE TO TEAM EFFORT by accomplishing related results as needed; working effectively in a team environment;
maintaining a positive rapport with colleagues, vendors, and clients; performing under stress while meeting Company deadlines
9. WORK IN COMPLIANCE WITH COMPANY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES by taking a proactive role in supporting the
Company’s policy to prevent harassment of any kind within the workplace, at off-site places of Company business,
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
Education: Degree in Business Management, HR or equivalent with 7-10 years’ applicable work experience.
Computer Skills: Thoroughly conversant and experienced with accounting, payroll, HR systems and
• Thorough knowledge of and experience with business acumen, including strategic planning, HR,
budgeting, payroll, dealing with general business problems, conditions, and development of policies,
procedures and systems.
• Proven ability to work effectively in every interaction required during the performance of assigned job
responsibilities, including sound communication and leadership skills;
• Demonstrate competence in making positive impact on Company’s culture and financial results by using
sound decision making skills and ethical practices with emphasis on consulting and counseling with
management and department heads.
• Self-motivated, creative individual, who can also organize, consistently display good judgment, act as a role
model and team leader and coordinate the work of others.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATOINS, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
• Experience in Radio or Media, MBA, SHRM certification, including continuing education in relevant functions of business
management and HR.
Supervisory responsibilities—This position manages and is responsible for the supervision of the HR Director/Office Manager and
Business Assistant/Accounts Receivable.
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity—Desert Valley Media Group LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Other duties— Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Apply online through any of our station websites listed below or by mail.
Mailing Address: Desert Valley Media Group, 4745 N 7th St, Suite 410, Phoenix, AZ 85014 Attn: Jeff Trumper